I use ISRDDN all the time, but I miss a lot of the single use programs I used to have when I worked at P&H before they got rid of z/OS. FINDQ was a great program. By itself it showed any ENQs that were waiting. If you said FINDQ SYS2.ABC it would show you everything that is enqued on SYS2.ABCwhatever. LOC was another good one. It showed what library a load module was in.

The thing about ISRDDN is it takes time to get into ISRDDN, and then you have to issue the command you want. It's faster to just issue FINDQ XYZ

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elardus Engelbrecht" <elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za>

Scott Ford wrote:

Elardus:
I hadnt used ISRDDN for this function before and its nice...thank you.

You are very welcome! It is a big lion pleasure for me to help out! :-D

And I learn from your posts you kindly placed here on IBM-MAIN. ;-D

I used it for doing storage displays when I was looking at control blocks.

ISRDDN can shows you the module as loaded in storage and then if you wish, you can see that module as it is written in a dataset.

ISRDDN is one of those gems which could perhaps replace those similar programs as found in CBT like those ENQ searchers and linklib searchers, etc .

I use ISRDDN to locate that missing CLIST/REXX program or ISPF panel I need to update or ...

... Being a RACF admin, I use that utility to verify my RACF + SMF modules are really loaded correctly after an IPL.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht