Hi Jag,
     To get DSNJ008E you have to have ARCWTOR zparm in DSN6ARVP set to yes.

Regards,
      Ron

From:   jagadishan perumal <jagadish...@gmail.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   20/10/2011 03:31 PM
Subject:        DB2 Exit Routine Check - Clarification
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Hi,

We have our DB2 subsystem where we dont get a notification as "DSNJ008E".
Resulting our Active Log goes out of space and I have even issued -ARCHIVE
LOG CANCEL OFFLOAD  but no luck. IBM manuals suggest to define new Active
Logs but when I check the syslog I see there is message like Insufficient
Space and the Requested.

IGD17272I VOLUME SELECTION HAS FAILED FOR INSUFFICIENT SPACE FOR 041
DATA SET DSN101C.DSN1.ARCHLOG2.A0000171
JOBNAME (DSN1MSTR) STEPNAME (DSN1MSTR)
PROGNAME (DSNYASCP) DDNAME (SYS00424)
REQUESTED SPACE QUANTITY = 1245058 KB

I have deleted the archive Logs and things started working. I am just
concerned on why the exit routine DSNJ008E is not invoked so that we can
delete the OLD archive Logs and maintain the active Log levels.

Is there a way to check if the exit routine DSNJ008E invocation is enabled
or not ?

Regards,
Jags

This email has been scanned by the Bankwest Email Security System.

Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.

This electronic transmission including any attachments is intended only
for those to whom it is addressed. It may contain copyright material or
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure by law.
Any claim to privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken transmission
of this information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
distribute or copy this transmission and should please notify the sender.
Your costs for doing this will be reimbursed by the sender.

We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption,
delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.