>>>SCEELKED contains SETENV and PUTENV.

>>'setenv' may be in SCEELKED, but that does not help the dynamic call case,
>>where the call would be resolved at runtime, not link time.
>>
>>You cannot call lower case names dynamically from COBOL at this time.
>>The dynamic call routine 'normalizes' all names, including setting to
>>upper case.  We need to change this at some point, but for now, no dynamic
>>calls to lower-case named subroutines.  Can you change your call to a
>>static call?

>I found CEE.SCEELKED in SYS1.PARMLIB(LPALST00) and the library does contain a
>SETENV member.
>So I don't know why the COBOL program is saying that it cannot find the module.

You do not CALL objects in SCEELKED, you LINK objects in SCEELKED.  The objects
in
SCEELKED are just 'stubs' that get you to the actual programs in SCEERUN.
I tested calling setenv dynamically in a testcase that was working with static
calls but failed when I changed the static calls to dynamic (compiled with the
DYNAM compiler option) I got S806, subroutine 'setenv' not found.

Now I look again, and it was not looking for 'SETENV', it was looking for
'setenv'!
Then I look in SCEERUN and SCEERUN2 and cannot find setenv or SETENV.  I think
it
is because they have funny C names that get mangled to fit the real world.

Sorry for not remembering the correct solution, which was provided by LE a few
years
ago:  CEEENV!  CEEENV can be called statically or dynamically, and can be found
in SCEERUN.  It provides similar functionality as 'setenv'.

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<