From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Joel C. Ewing
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 17:48
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Segmenting an output spool file in z/OS - 2nd attempt

Leslie,
Off topic,
but did you do anything different on 2nd posting to get it to work?
Like something we could advise for others with similar base64 posting
issues?

I received some additional headers from ibm-main with your 2nd posting
attempt, most notably a "X-MIME-Autoconverted: from base64 to 8bit by
bama.ua.edu id p9KEf61i001292" which implies Email was still received by
bama in base64 format, but for some reason it was able to convert the
2nd post to 8bit and handle it reasonably but failed to do so for the 1st.

 From the "Received" headers, it looks like the 2nd posting was received
by a different ua.edu mail server than the first post (mailapp-2.ua.edu
versus mailapp-1.ua.edu), so perhaps the difference is an issue at
ua.edu.  Maybe they're experimenting with a circumvention/resolution of
the original problem and you just hit a "fixed" path on 2nd try.  (The
routing of Email though mo.gov servers was different as well, but base64
encoding apparently got to bama in both cases)
   JC Ewing

Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org