At 17:12 +0800 on 12/23/2005, caleb ong wrote about controlling user who can mount tape.:

Hello,

Is there a way to restrict users from being able to submit job that requires a tape mount in os/390 ? The objective is to enable only our operations group to submit jobs that requires tape mounting. Applications group will be prohibited in submitting jobs that will require tape mounting.
We have RACF as our security sw.

I have looked at the racf and tso uads. it seems that you can control tso mount thru the mount attribute in the uads or the racf tso segment (tsoauth, mount attribute). But for jobs submitted by the users , i coudn't find anyway to control this ?

Can anyone provide any suggestion to do this.

Thanks.

Caleb

If you are running JES2, you can have a JES2 Exit parse the converted JCL as it goes though the converter stage and spot if it is referencing Tape Volumes. If so, it can trigger an error which will cause the job to get rejected at the end of the conversion step.