>>Of course, if you don't know Perl or awk, this become problematic. I may give
>>a look at this. But I need to download >>some of the JESJCL portions of some
>>jobs that I've run. In the words of Arnold: "I'll be back!"
I am one of those "mile wide, inch deep" kind of guys.  So never more than a
brief flirtation with Perl, awk, grep, yacc, etc.  Also, for a member of the
mainframe generation you are using the wrong quotation - it should be "I will
return!" as said by Gen MacArthur. And I hope you will - I have a feeling that
the capability to scan JCL and resolve PROC/INCLUDE etc would be a valuable
asset for the IBM-MAIN community.

>I do make the assumption that you do have an OMVS segment and can use UNIX on
>z/OS.
YES and probably enough to get by (unless you start talking about regular
expressions etc.).

John