I am fairly sure that PROC parameters and SET variables are resolved by the
Converter phase. In JES2, this phase is done either immediately after the job
is read in or, if TYPRUN=JCLHOLD, when the job is released. I don't know JES3.
Oh, if you do a /*XMIT to route the entire job (as in it is before the JOB
card), then I think it is done on the receiving JES system.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group