Hi,

When I try to rename a dataset using a Utility IEHPROGM and I get a error
message like :

Error :

SYSTEM SUPPORT UTILITIES ----
IEHPROGM

   RENAME DSNAME=BETTY.JCL.PDS,
X00027015
               NEWNAME=BETTY.JCL1.PDS,VOL=3390=KMCG03
00028017
 IEH207I  STATUS OF USERS REQUEST TO RENAME DATA SET
BETTY.JCL.PDS
          VOLUME I.D.     ACTION TAKEN     REASON FOR TAKING THIS
ACTION
            KMCG03          NONE           CORRECT PASSWORD NOT
AVAILABLE
END OF LISTING OF DATA SETS TO BE SCRATCHED OR RENAMED  ... UNUSUAL
END

UTILITY
END

My JCL :

//BETTYU$ JOB TIME=(5,0),REGION=5M
//STEP1 EXEC PGM=IEHPROGM
//DD1 DD DSN=BETTY.JCL.PDS,DISP=SHR,VOL=SER=KMCG03,UNIT=3390
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
   RENAME DSNAME=BETTY.JCL.PDS,                                     X
               NEWNAME=BETTY.JCL1.PDS,VOL=3390=KMCG03
/*

The above Error message Popped up due to Intended NEWNAME was already in
Use(Means Already catalogued). This I found when I tried Renaming via TSO
command "R".

I am just confused why IEHPROGM utility is throwing a different message
for renaming whereas the TSO commands gives out a different message for
renaming.

What Macro is invoked when we try to Rename using TSO command "R" beside a
dataset ? What is the difference between the two methodology ?

Could anyone please enlighten me ?

Jakes