From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Phil Smith III
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:51 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Inline Rexx in JCL?

Anyone ever gotten inline Rexx to work from JCL? I have a program that
invokes a Rexx exit, but the exit is so simple that it seems like I should
be able to just do a //SYSEXEC DD * and go from there. Alas, I get:

IRX0110I The REXX exec cannot be interpreted.

IRX0112I The REXX exec cannot be loaded.

(in that order, which is interesting). The IRXLOAD seems to get RC=0, but
the first call to the exit (IRXEXEC) gets RC=20.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

.phsiii

to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the