ISTR CICS needed a terminal definition to represent the console.

Been too long now, my memory leaks.

for such purpose.

                      Peter Ten Eyck

                      <peter_teneyck           To:      IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

                      @FARMFAMILY.COM>         cc:

                      Sent by: IBM             Subject: Can not shutdown CICS
region
                      Mainframe

                      Discussion List

                      <IBM-MAIN

                      12/28/2005 09:15

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to IBM Mainframe

                      Discussion List

I have an LPAR running z/OS 1.4 with CICS TS 2.2. I am unable to shutdown
any CICS region in this LPAR using the console command F CICSREGION,CEMT P
SHUT (or SHUT I). It is as if the command is not being received by the CICS
region. No modify commands for CICS work (ie F CICSREGION,CEMT I TASK).
Other modify commands to other address spaces work fine. I do not see any
suggestions on how to fix this?