> Hi all
>
>  In the syslog,there is the following message:
>
> IKJ139I   BROADCAST DATA SET NOT USABLE, I/O SYNAD ERROR
>
>  My question :
>
>  1. Do it mean sys1.broadcast is broken?
>
>  2. How to verify sys1.broadcast DATSET?
>
>  3. How to solve this problem?

Jason,

What level of z/OS?
Are you using SYS1.BRODCAST or individual BRODAST datasets?  I might
recommend you use individual BRODCAST datasets (see IKJTSOxx member in
SYS1.PARMLIB).  That way it would only impact one user rather than many.

See if you can browse the dataset.  If you can then it might not completely
broken

Go to CBTTAPE.ORG and download the file 247 Broadcast Manager Utilities to
manage SYS1.BRODCAST

Without any additional messages it might be that you need to clean up your
BROADCAST dataset.

Lizette