Another vote for Sam's excellent Broadcast utilities. They should be in every
sysprogs tool box if responsibilities include TSO

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:22 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IKJ139I   BROADCAST DATA SET NOT USABLE, I/O SYNAD ERROR

> Hi all
>
>  In the syslog,there is the following message:
>
> IKJ139I   BROADCAST DATA SET NOT USABLE, I/O SYNAD ERROR
>
>  My question :
>
>  1. Do it mean sys1.broadcast is broken?
>
>  2. How to verify sys1.broadcast DATSET?
>
>  3. How to solve this problem?

Jason,

What level of z/OS?
Are you using SYS1.BRODCAST or individual BRODAST datasets?  I might recommend
you use individual BRODCAST datasets (see IKJTSOxx member in SYS1.PARMLIB).
That way it would only impact one user rather than many.

See if you can browse the dataset.  If you can then it might not completely
broken

Go to CBTTAPE.ORG and download the file 247 Broadcast Manager Utilities to
manage SYS1.BRODCAST

Without any additional messages it might be that you need to clean up your
BROADCAST dataset.

Lizette

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

"Email Firewall" made the following annotations.

Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the corporate e-mail
system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately.