The OP's "TOD" clock is set to local time.
If  the TOD clock is reset, the XCF *WILL* fail the IPL if the IPL time
is earlier than the timestamp in the XCF couple dataset.

>> We are a monplex environment with the SE clock set to locale
>> time, we run DB2, CICS and DASD XCF dataset. Our current
...snippage....

I agree all of the statements below, once the XCF couple datasets have
the proper (GMT) timestamp.

<snip>
>DASD XCF is unaffected by the SET TIMEZONE or SET CLOCK commands. It
uses the TOD clock internally (aka "GMT time"). DB2 also uses this
clock. >CICS is a bit trickier because you must first issue the T CLOCK=
or T TIMEZONE=, then for each CICS region, issue the command: CEMT PER
RESET. >We do this using the MODIFY command to each CICS region. We have
the z/OS consoles setup as CICS terminals so that we can do this. If all
your CICS >regions start with the same "prefix", then your modify can
looks something like:
<F CICS*,CEMT PER RESET.

>z/OS will issue a MODIFY command against every executing address space
which begins with CICS for you. Handy if you have a decent naming
>convention.
</snip>

BTW, don't forget to update the TZ environment variable in all of the
myriad locations it appears in.