If you are running at the z/OS 1.13 level there are new options on the JOB card for letting you decide which COND CODE gets reported. (Highest, last, or a named step.)

See the JOB CARD section of the JCL Reference manual and look for JOBRC= for more information.

/jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Dawes" <jhn_da...@yahoo.com.au>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 1:15 PM
Subject: SETTING CONDITION CODE

G'Day,

Can I override a condition code so as to force it to a 0000? For example the job-step executes successfully and puts out a COND CODE=0002. The job continues on to the next step which is what we want. The reason I need a 0000 instead of a 0002 is because I get paged because the operator sees a 0002.
I tried the following by using IDCAMS:
//STEPCOND EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
IF MAXCC=0002 -
THEN -
DO -
SET MAXCC=0 -
END
//*

However this did not force a 0000 on the previous step. Is there a way I can add the IDCAMS IF-THEN-DO logic in the step which is giving me the headache? Or is there a way of forcing a 0000 on that step. Here is what the (headache) step is doing:

//PRINTDS EXEC PGM=PRTDS,
// PARM=('DDNAME(INPDS)',
// 'SEA(.) REP(X''40'')',
// 'SYSOUT(X)')
//INPDS DD DSN=SYS2..INFO.CONFIG,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//*