Every LPAR on your z9BC has a profile which defines it's resources. Such
as how much memory it has and the number of CPs it can use. Another of
the resources is how many zIIP engines it can use (likewise for zAAP
engines). You need to edit the LPAR definition to include zIIP engines.
This is done from the HMC. Don't ask me how, if you don't know, I don't
want to be responsible. Anyway, once you've done that, you must take
down z/OS in that LPAR, deactivate the LPAR to release it's profile and
resourses, then activate the LPAR with the updated profile to include
the changes (this would be true to increase the number of CPs or the
memory size too). Once successfully activated, you can reIPL z/OS in the
LPAR.

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><