At 22:53 +0100 on 12/29/2005, Phil Payne wrote about Warning: PTF's require HDS microcode, which is not availabl:

 Was there a HOLD(ACTION) [or it might need to be
 HOLD(DEPENDENT?) - I forget] against these APARs (or the
 Fix PTFs)? If not, a BIG "PACKAGING PROBLEM" report
 should be filed with IBM since this dependency should have
 been mentioned so as to suppress accidental installation as
 occurred to you ...

The above comment is mine. I am willing to accept that IBM was initially unaware of the problem. A mention was made in this thread that they NOW are aware of the problem. My question right now is if I were to pull the affected PTFs from IBMLINK (or order a catch-up/cumulative PTF Tape [I forget the name of the service that this is provided as]) as well as pulling Extended HOLD, will there be a ++HOLD in the supplied PTF or the Extended HOLD that will block automatic installation until the HOLD is bypassed?