We do our DR under z/VM. But we don't ask that the serial number be
altered. Unless otherwise specified in the VM guest definition, the CPU
serial number presented to z/OS is the hardware CPUID.

IIRC, you can tell z/VM to emulate the serial number, but not the
machine type. I.e. if you run on a z9BC at home, and a z10EC at DR, the
machine type will still be a z10EC even if the CPUID is changed. Again,
going by old memory, this is due to the differences in hardware
recovery.

John McKown
Maranatha! <><