Hi Mark,

"Are you in a shared DASD environment?   If not, is there a test / sandbox
LPAR up accessing that volume?   Even so, I've shared / share the sysres
between different monoplex systems without any problems because it
is "read only" and much of the access comes from the LNKLST / LLA / VLF
which means there is also no I/O contention."

Yes we in a shared DASD environment.