I believe JES2 uses physical reserves on entire volume when accessing HASPCKPT datasets and depending on your JES PARMLIB member may hold it for a significant time -- not a good dataset type to put on a SYSRES shared with other systems. Others may be able to suggest JES PARMLIB changes to shorten the hold time, but I would move all HASPCKPT datasets to volumes that have minimal shared access with another system, or at very least off volumes like SYSRES that contain many performance-critical datasets needed by all systems sharing that SYSRES.

I suspect the usual z/OS manual recommendations are to put HASPCKPT on a volume by itself, but a sufficiently quiet volume is good enough.
   JC Ewing