May not really be what you want, but there are vendor products out there
that create an index of all members from all (online) PDSs in your
system/sysplex.

I had the pleasure of using this one at a site I worked at for a while, and
it was a very convenient tool to have at one's disposal (has a nice ISPF
dialog).  The index is built purely on the member name (i.e. not member
contents!), but it is a good 'nice to have' tool, nonetheless.

http://www.ufd.ch/downloads/1214227064_pdsxref_flyer_e.pdf