Gerhard:

I honestly don't remember ever having the issue with IBM module(s). I memory goes back to early MVS 2.0 and if we did have an issue it was because TMS or some other vendor code hit the same module (open). In the case of TMS it wasn't their fault so much as IBM didn't give exits at the right points . I am not defending TMS but they just happened to need the hooks in a "popular" spot. Although I do not like how CA (ie TMS) and other products now put zaps in on the fly (so to speak). I have been burned once or twice with on the fly zaps as IBM quickly found the "finger prints" and tossed me off the boat and I had to got to CA support begging because IBM washed their hands of the issue once or twice. CA (this does go back a few years) wanted to toss me back to IBM. I had to supply a bunch of trace and dumps before CA would listen to me again but even then I felt CA was trying to avoid the problem rather than working with IBM & the customer to resolve the problem. The problem did get resolved but it took days (or was it a week?) to get the problem resolved. The biggest PITA was ACF2 (never a fan) and the way they handled problems with TSO & Allocation. Of course the ACF2 person on our side was well lets say less than average. I had to get involved before the issue was resolved and I had to pound some manager at ACF2 to get them to listen. We got rid of ACF2 and never had an issue with security after that.

Ed