On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Linda Mooney <linda.lst...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi John and Ed,
>
> Yowsers!
>
> That's really tiny!  Just in my career - The first machine I was paid to work
> with was a 4341 with 8MB and 8 channels.  My IPhone has 32MB. The
> possibilities of 2.5 Petabytes is, well, an awful lot.  I can't help but
> wonder what some of the early computing pioneers would think of this.

I suspect your iPhone has 32GB, not MB...

And let's not start swapping "You had 8MB? We had 5 bytes...and we
LOVED it!" stories, eh?

Related, however: this could make a reality something I read a while
ago suggestion that memory would soon be cheap enough that we could
have HD video of our surroundings recording constantly. This
could/would change things a fair bit, both good and bad.
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"