From: "Dennis McCarthy" <dmcca...@electricinsurance.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:03:21 PM
Subject: Going from mod-3 to mod9

A couple of questions:

1. We just had 3390-9's configured into our EMC box. This box also contains
3390-3's. Given that the hardware is the same throughout and all other things
being equal, is there any decrease in response time on the mod-9's?

2. I have a VSAM file (with extended addressability) that currently spans 27
mod-3's. My plan is to move it to 10 mod-9's using IDCAMS REPRO to back it up
then doing a DELETE/DEFINE, (changing the SPACE parameter from CYL(2500 150) to
CYL(9500 150)), then REPRO from the backup. Am I setting myself up for a
failure?

Regards,

Dennis