In <3439818781451184.wa.nitzibmgmx....@bama.ua.edu>, on 01/25/2012
   at 06:10 AM, Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> said:

>That only works if the ISPF application supports ISPLLIB (see the
>dynamic steplib discussion). If ISPLLIB is not supported, then the
>needed library must be in STEPLIB.

That hasn't been true for decades. TSO does have a dynamic steplib,
it's just that the restrictions limit its usefulness. It should work
fine in the case under discussion.

>I think there was also some mention of ALTLIB

TSOLIB?

>and which basically means a new logon in most installations.

Why? Note that the context is setting things up at the beginning of
the TSO session, not changing them after you're in ISPF, which is
stickier.