James Chambers at IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
wrote on 01/30/2012 02:12:18 AM:
> I am trying to repeat the Start and end Date/Time for an Omegamon Cics
> report. Is it possible using DFSORT repeat a field for all the records
> after that have a blank for that field?
>
> The below is an example of the output
>
> --------DATE AND TIME---------                   ----TRAN----
> AVG
>
> ----START-----     -----STOP-----                    NAME   COUNT
> RESP

> 01/20/12 01:00  01/20/12 01:59 CATD        1           .011
>
>                                                                 CESC
> 2           .004
>
>                                                                 CSPQ
> 10          .001
>
>                                                                 CWBG
> 5          .001
>
> 01/20/12 02:00  01/20/12 02:59 CSPQ       10          .001
>
>                                                                 CWBG
> 5          .001

James,

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do exactly.

Please show an example of the records in your input file
(relevant fields only) and what you expect for output.
Explain the "rules" for getting from input to output.
Give the starting position, length and format of each
relevant field.  Give the RECFM and LRECL of the input files.

It's also difficult to determine where your fields are from
you post, so feel free to send me the input and expected
output offline (yae...@us.ibm.com) as plain text files so
I can see what they really look like.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yae...@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort