On 1/4/2006 5:43 PM, Charles Mills wrote:
I just posted the NETRC question but perhaps I should instead ask the
fundamental underlying question. Here is what I want to do.
I want to have a program ABC running in a "normal" batch job that might be
submitted by any of a large number of TSO users invoke FTP and have it log
on to a remote z/OS FTP server and, among other things, submit a job. I have
complete control over the INPUT (command) file which is built on the fly.
Here is the key question: I would like the FTP logon to be with the userid
of the original user who submitted the batch job. Do any of you creative
souls want to suggest a reasonable way to do this?

The z/OS FTP server and client both support authentication via digital certificates (client authentication functions of SSL or TLS). I suggest you use that approach.

        Walt Farrell, CISSP
        z/OS Security Design, IBM