From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Acceptable paging

> Can someone please help me determine what the 'acceptable paging' should
be on a
> system?  We are having issues with MQ and broker.  Thanks.

Could you describe your environment a little?

CPU(s) (z10, z9 , etc)
Amount of dasd space allocated to Page Datasets?  Number of Page Datasets
Real Memory available
Number of MQ and Brokers?
Connection types (IMS, CICS, Distributed systems)

Many elements can play into tuning a system.  This will help in answering
the question.

Now, when you ask about acceptable paging in relationship to MQ, is anything
else in play?  CICS, IMS, DB2, heavy batch, etc.  or is MQ the only thing
running on that system?

Or perhaps I misunderstood your acceptable paging in relationship to MQ.

Thanks

Lizette

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized state official.