On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:34:01 -0500, Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>All,
>I understand that authorized programs have been talked about before, buti
>don't understand and I want to make sure I do before I start a design ......
>
>What I want.... Long running STC ....
>....................... Invoke a rexx clist performing alloc, calls to a
>program
>........................long running STC program is linked ac(1)
>
>Do i create an entry in ikjtso00 for the STC program
>Do I create an entry in ikjtso00 for the clist name
>
>This is where I am cornfused.....

The entries in IKJTSO00 are for programs (not execs or clists) that you invoke
under the TSO/E TMP.

So, if your STC actually has // EXEC PGM=<your-program> then there would be no
reason to put <your-program> in IKJTSO00 as you are not running it under the
TMP.

On the other hand, if your STC has // EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,PARM="CALL
dsname(your-program)" and you want your-program to run APF-authorized, then you
would need it in IKJTSO00.

IF you are doing as my first example, and the STC directly invokes your
program, I'd like to inquire -how- you are having your program invoke the REXX
exec, though. The way you do that has critical implications for the functions
that the exec can perform.

--
Walt Farrell
IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design