Well, why is it any more horrible than his current method of running his code
AC=1? He's already said that the code is currently APF authorized anyway. I
agree that adding APF authorization to his code __just for this purpose__ would
be a really bad idea. In fact, isn't is possible to run a non-APF COBOL
program, in TSO (batch), which uses IRXEXEC to invoke a REXX program which does
an ADDRESS TSO to run an APF authorized TSO command? I.e. running under the TMP
in batch could remove the current requirement for APF authorization, depending
on what else the code does.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV