Frank,

Your point is well taken.  Often no one has the responsibility.

Still, while the system cannot analyze itself, it can include
data-collection machinery that greatly facilitates such analyses; and
this machinery is/should be the responsibility of those who design and
 maintain a system

--jg

--
John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA