On 20/02/2012 08:25 AM, Magen Margalit wrote:
Hi list.

We have a daily betch job that is processing as input records which has been
collected all day.
volume of records is about 5 millions for 24 hours.

In order to make systems more "online" we are looking for a way to
run the process for each record all day long instead of a daily run,
and doing so with minimum as possible application changes.

One idea that came up is to convert the process to a "self developed" STC
which will be triggered by a record on an MQ queue and will run as STC all the
batch process programs

To me it seems like a bad idea because having a "self developed" STC in
production
create a maintenance gap (and where there is one STC a second one
will soon to follow...)...

Are there other advantages / dis-advantages regarding a "self developed" STC ?

Are there any "self developed" STC's at your shop?

Any other ideas on how to approach this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

Magen

Magen,

Some good ideas from the other responsders but IMHO they are all putting the cart before the horse.

Look at the collection process, what is this process. Can it be modified to do the either batch process, more details would be nice, or batch the batch process.

Ken