On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:25:32 -0600, Magen Margalit <syste...@gmail.com> wrote:

>One idea that came up is to convert the process to a "self developed" STC
>which will be triggered by a record on an MQ queue and will run as STC all the
>batch process programs
I think MQ is indeed a very good way to collect these records. You have plenty
of configuration options in there to cater for recoverability (or not, if you
don't need it), etc. And CICS or IMS can be used at the other end to drain the
queue; using MQ triggering it becomes even simpler to start these processing
transactions. Both CICS and IMS can easily handle the number of transactions
and offer excelent recoverability.

>To me it seems like a bad idea because having a "self developed" STC in
>production
>create a maintenance gap (and where there is one STC a second one
>will soon to follow...)...
I agree on that. Most shops I know are working to eliminate as much as possible
the home-grown stuff for exactly that reason: maintenance headache...

>Are there any "self developed" STC's at your shop?
We do have one. It caters for a very specific need of authentication in a
client/server context. And each time we upgrade z/OS, we spend a lot of time
testing...

Cheers,

Jantje.