> Does anyone know if turning on Hiper Dispatching on a single book box machine
> would make a >difference in performance?

The answer is yes, but I believe with your configuration the answer is no.
Hiper Dispatch tries to dispatch the work on a subset of logical processors.
Since you only have 4 CPs those are the only ones you can be dispatched on
anyway so you get the effect of Hiper Dispatch by default.

If you had more processors you'd see a benefit in using Hiper Dispatch. OTOH it
probably won't hurt to turn it on to try it.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software