"Bob Shannon" <bshan...@rocketsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:<58FC7F986FCB804286E23B59DECF420F334E6230@nwt-s-mbx1.rocketsoftware
.com>...
> > Does anyone know if turning on Hiper Dispatching on a single book
box machine would make a >difference in performance?

> The answer is yes, but I believe with your configuration the answer is
no. Hiper Dispatch tries to dispatch the work on a subset of logical
processors. Since you only have 4 CPs those are the only ones you can be
dispatched on anyway so you get the effect of Hiper Dispatch by default.

> If you had more processors you'd see a benefit in using Hiper
Dispatch. OTOH it probably won't hurt to turn it on to try it.

> Bob Shannon
> Rocket Software

That is also what I concluded from the information I found. I won't get
the big impact from the LP-subset dispatching, but possibly the little
from parking processors, so I noted I will try it later when I have time
to do so.

Kees.
e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286