On 27 February 2012 12:21, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:13:06 +0100, Jan Vanbrabant wrote:
>
>>Also having the same problem wth  have trouble with Radoslaw Skorupka's posts
>>.
>>No line breaks at all.
>>
> Style.  John M. habitually posts without line breaks.  I deal with it.
> Perhaps because I too often agree with his substance to complain
> about style.

I have no complaint about the content of the posts of either of these
gentlemen. However it seems strange to me that Gmail, which typically
handles just about any strange mail format quite nicely, fails to lay
out Radoslaw's posts in a readable way. If I can't disentangle one of
his by eye, I click Gmail's "message text garbled?" box, which though
it is mostly concerned with code page issues that I believe are not
relevant here, generally produces readable text at the cost of another
step and another tab or window.

I never see a problem with John M's posts. May I also say that I
usually just keep on typing in my posts, except to hit enter for a new
paragraph. I have had no complaints ever on this style, so presumably
between Gmail's posting and everyone else's reading, either it works,
or no one reads my posts in any case.

Tony H.