> Yaeger-san,
>
> thank very much for telling me the way what I sould code DFSORT control
cards.

> But unfortunately KEYBEGIN parameter became 'OPERAND DEFINER ERROR' on my
> z/OS V1.12 (ADCD system) .
> Then I have checked DFSORT Application Programming Guide for z/OS V1.12, I
could
> not find out KEYBEGIN parameter.
>
> Is KEYBEGIN a new keyword provided by new PTF?
>
> Is there another way to do same things without KEYBEGIN parameter?
> Because we don't have a chance to apply the PTF, if the KEYEGIN is
provided by PTF.

> I appreciate your support.
>
> Minoru Massaki  (M*M)

Minoru-San

A search with DFSORT and KEYBEING shows

PTF UK90025 for z/OS DFSORT V1R10 and PTF UK90026 for z/OS DFSORT V1R12
(Oct, 2010) provide important enhancements to DFSORT and DFSORT's ICETOOL
for resizing records (RESIZE operator); updating the trailer record
(IFTRAIL); processing subsets (ACCEPT); translation of ASCII to EBCDIC
(TRAN=ATOE), EBCDIC to ASCII (TRAN=ETOA), EBCDIC hex to binary (TRAN=UNHEX),
and more; date field arithmetic (ADDDAYS, ADDMONS, ADDYEARS, SUBDAYS,
SUBMONS, SUBYEARS, DATEDIFF, NEXTDday, PREVDday, LASTDAYW, LASTDAYM,
LASTDAYQ and LASTDAYY); timestamp constant with microseconds (DATE5); group
functions (KEYBEGIN); use of SET and PROC symbols in control statements
(JPn"string" in EXEC PARM); more information in reports; larger fields;
easier migration from other sort products, and more.

Hope this helps

Lizette