John Gilmore wrote:
even though, as I believe, the the offender's code itself commits no substantive offense it it is, I think, guilty of the admittedly much subtler offense of providing a template for others, who are bent on mischief, to use.

If the PFLIH hook is (as it has been described earlier in these threads) a mechanism by which a non-authorized process can become authorized, then its very existence is a "substantive offense" in and of itself. It is not just "a template", it doesn't just show the way. It *is* the way.

I fervently hope that the existence of this thread has gotten the attention of the ISV who has created this obscenity and that it will commit immediate resources to purging this from its products.

Dave Cole              REPLY TO: dbc...@colesoft.com
ColeSoft Marketing     WEB PAGE: http://www.colesoft.com
736 Fox Hollow Road    VOICE:    540-456-8536
Afton, VA 22920        FAX:      540-456-6658