Hi Scott,

Yeah, and guess who usually buys Western Digital almost exclusively.  :)))

One more that was equally good, but not IT related.  Long ago, I used to manage
an apartment complex.  Tough job, you can never really go home from work.
Anyway, two brothers owned the complex and I got a monthly paycheck signed by
one of them.  Unknown to me, they transferred ownership of the apartment
complex to a corporation they owned jointly. End of the month, I get my monthly
paycheck, deposit it, mail the monthly bills, buy groceries .  A couple of
days later, I get a call from my bank.  My paycheck didn't go through - both
brother's signatures now required, check just had the one.  Could have been a
disaster of bank charges.  First Interstate let me come pick up the check, get
the signature, and take it back to the bank the next day.  No fees, no bounced
checks, they just held the checks  "in processing".  I sure wish First
Interstate hadn't folded.

Anyway, the way I look at, stuff happens.  People make mistakes. Do something
wrong or fail to do something right.  It's what they do about it that counts.
It also counts a LOT when they care and when they make it right without a bunch
of wrangling about it.

It's also important, IMHO to tell folks what a good job they've done - whe n
they do a good job.  And tell their boss.  I am sure that most bosses only hear
the bad stuff.  That's the wrong thing for customers to only say something
about the bad stuff.  My Mom used to ask to see the manager.  Folks always
asked what the problem was, looked worried or fearful.  I was in Fry's a couple
of weeks ago, buying my new 3TB Western Digital drive.  I received exemplary
service from one of the guys on the floor, so I said nice things about him to
his boss.  Could have knocked that boss over with a feather, and that's a real
shame.

Linda