On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:03:05 +0000, af dc wrote:

>Hello,
>I need to do a tapemap for about 100 tapes (virtual volumes), I've jcl:
>
>//V10000   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
>//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
>//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
>//SYSUT1   DD DISP=OLD,
>//            DSN=AL2999.SOMETH,
>//            DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=800,BUFNO=50),
>//            UNIT=(VTS),LABEL=(1,BLP,EXPDT=98000),
>//            VOL=SER=V10000
>
>and I've volume list in format:
>
>V10000
>V10001
>V10002
>
>what is the best way to generate 100 jcls ??? rexx ? icetool ?

The best way is a POSIX shell script, but Rexx would do.  (I don't
know ICETOOL or perl.)

100 jobs?  Or one job with 100 steps?  Would it be better to direct
the output to various data sets with the tape volsers as qualifiers,
or even to a PDS or UNIX directory with the tape volsers as member
names?

IEBGENER?  Are you going to dump the entire tape data set content?
"SYSOUT DD"??  Did you mean SYSUT2?

CABAListically,
gil