A.Cecilio,

I attempted to send you my general purpose CLIST for something like this
but it bounced on your email address.  I'd be happy to send it to you
personally (and any one else) if you contact me off-line.

Chip Grantham  |  Ameritas  |  Sr. IT Consultant | cgrant...@ameritas.com
5900 O Street, Lincoln NE 68510 | p: 402-467-7382 | c: 402-429-3579 | f:
402-325-4030

ITURIEL DO NASCIMENTO NETO <4254.itur...@bradesco.com.br>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
03/06/2012 12:55 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
RES: TAPEMAP generator

Hi,

A 100 tapes ? It's quite few.
If the number of volumes were bigger I would go with Rexx.
I think that it will be faster if you manually generate a job like this :

//JOB1     JOB
//         PROC
//COPY     EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT2   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT1   DD DISP=OLD,
//            DSN=AL2999.SOMETH,
//            DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=800,BUFNO=50),
//            UNIT=(VTS),LABEL=(1,BLP,EXPDT=98000),
//            VOL=SER=&T
//         PEND
//S00001   EXEC  COPY,T=V10001
//S00002   EXEC  COPY,T=V10002