It is certainly possible to detect some naif SVC-based schemes that
return control to their invoker in key 0; it is not possible to do
so in general; and it would not be enough to do only that.

Moreover, SVC-based schemes to this end are at best obsolescent;
PC-based ones will be the villains of the future.

Shane has warned me that by mentioning this I am encouraging auditors to
erect barriers to the virtuous use of PC-based schemes too, and he is
of course quite right.

I am nevertheless reminded the USAF DEWLine Project, circa 1952-1992,
which did perhaps come to provide adequate protection against
over-the-pole incursions of the USSR's atomic-bomb carrying Badger
bombers, but only well after those bombers had been retired from
service.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA