Even a structured IF THEN ELSE END-IF or SELECT WHEN WHEN OTHERWISE
END-SELECT does gotos at the object code levels.  This is why
hyperthreading is so helpful.  One thread starts processing the GOTO
instructions and the other thread starts processing the fall through
instructions.  Once the branch is finalized, the wrong branch is
discarded.

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Steve Comstock
<st...@trainersfriend.com> wrote:
> On 4/15/2012 9:49 PM, Jake anderson wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Apology for asking a basic question and Being Ignorant. We know that GO TO
>> statments are a big "NO" in many production sites and one of the reason
>> being it monopolizes the entire CPU.
>

> Really? Well, as they say, "It ain't what you know, it's what
> you 'know' that ain't so"
<deleted>
--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA