On 4/25/2012 5:38 AM, McKown, John wrote:
Interesting. How does this differ from zPDT? It sounds like a "development
only" option, perhaps for ISVs or maybe commercial shops. I'll never see it, given
the company's attitude about the z.

zPDT is still available only for ISV and internal IBM use. It is the platform upon which the RDz D&TE offering is based. The technology works very well. (We have one running on a Thinkpad W700.)

Previously, RDz UT was made available to commercial customers that also had an RDz license on a "big box" somewhere. Starting 10 May 2012, RDz D&TE may now be licensed as a stand-alone system, without the need for the big box license. This is an important step.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc