I noticed that the ipsec -F add commands were appearing to work correctly,
retcode 0 and the files in /var/dm/filters updated appropriately, but
oddly no packet filtering took place.  An ipsec -F display command showed
no filters in the stack and defensive mode inactive.   Specifying the
stack name on the ipsec command makes no difference to either the add or
the display results.

This only occurrs on FILESYSTYPE(INET) stacks on our zOS 1.12 systems, zOS
1.11 INET or CINET stacks sharing the same dmd.conf file with the 1.12
systems work just fine.  A 1.12 FILESYSTYPE(CINET) stack worked just fine
in my systems sandbox sysplex until I changed it to FILESYSTYPE(INET).  A
trace reveals that DMD is not resolving the non-CINET stack name but no
other errors (and frustratingly enough I can't seem to get details on the
cause of the rc 121 from the trace...)

DMStackConfig identifies the stack, mode active - according to DMD.   The
trace shows this getting parsed and dispatched just fine.   The DMD log
indicates everything is initializing correctly with the TCPIP stack.

An analysis of the TCPIP ipsec info from a dump of the TCPIP address space
makes it look like the filters simply aren't there.

I've looked over my TCPIP and resolver setups but I can't find anything
different from one system to the next that should cause issue like this,
and in fact we define the stack name all over the place even though we are
using what would be the default anyway.

Anybody happen to know where DMD gets the stack name from, or how to
display what search order it's using, or have a technique for tracing the
ipsec command?

Thomas Ambros
Operating Systems and Connectivity Engineering
518-436-6433

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from
Key
send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in
the
SUBJECT line.