From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: The old is new again - Not IBM related, but I hope interesting

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=plugable_multiseat_kick&num=1

This is a USB device which can plug into a normal PC running Linux (Fedora 17
is mentioned). You then connect a DisplayLink monitor, USB keyboard and mouse
to the device. And you have a multi-user system on a single PC. Not a "server"
PC with other PCs connected as "clients", but just one single PC. Reminds me of
what could be done with MP/M-80 (the multiuser version of CP/M-80), except back
then it was a serial (RS-232?) connected keyboard/display. Or, maybe, an S/360
with a 2260(?) or 3272(?).

John McKown
Systems Engineer IV
IT