Hi all,
The site I'm on is replacing GRS with CA-MIM.

This is mainly 'cos they don't have a 'PLEX, but do have two closely coupled
LPARS on different CECS.
Both of those CECS will be moving to different remote sites, and connectivity
will be over FCTC's.
>From what I know, GRS will only "talk" over a FCTC using XRC, and they can't
>use that. 'cos they don't have a 'PLEX.

We've defined all new FCTC's (Exxx and Fxxx unit / CU addresses), and have
defined all LPARS to talk to each other both on the existing CECs and the new
CECs.

CA-MIM provides a procedure for testing the CTC "paths" before going live,
PROCCTC  (We have called ours MIICTC)

To run this, you are supposed to start the proc, and pass it the CTC unit
address, i.e. S PROCCTC,/E700 (or in our case S MIICTC,/E700 - you need the /
for a 4 digit unit address)

However, when we start our proc, it fails: -

S MIICTC,/E700
/£HASP100 MIICTC   ON STCINRDR
 IEF695I START MIICTC   WITH JOBNAME MIICTC   IS ASSIGNED TO USER STC
    , GROUP PROD
/£HASP373 MIICTC   STARTED
/ACF9CCCD USERID STC      IS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB - MIICTC
/IEF403I MIICTC - STARTED - TIME=08.34.14
 -                                                --TIMINGS (MINS.)--
           ----PAGING COUNTS---
 -JOBNAME  STEPNAME PROCSTEP    RC   EXCP   CONN    TCB    SRB  CLOCK
  SERV  PG  PAGE  SWAP   VIO SWAPS
 -MIICTC            IEFPROC  FLUSH      0      0 ******    .00     .0
     0   0     0     0     0     0
/IEF453I MIICTC - JOB FAILED - JCL ERROR - TIME=08.34.14
 -MIICTC   ENDED.  NAME-                     TOTAL TCB CPU TIME=   .00
  TOTAL ELAPSED TIME=    .0
/£HASP395 MIICTC   ENDED
IEE132I START COMMAND DEVICE ALLOCATION ERROR

The JCL is good, and the unit address correct.

We know that SMS was getting in the mix previously, 'cos they EXCLUDE a bunch
of devices / unit addresses in their "valid dasd", but they changed the ACS
routines to exclude E* and F* devices: -

FILTLIST &VALID_DASD EXCLUDE('3590-1',
                            64%,92%,B4%,1F%,06%,4A%,E*,F*,

And have put them live.  (Don't ask why they do this, I don't know!)

I ran a SMS test case against the ACTIVE SMS CDS on all three LPARs, specifying
an Exxx and a Fxxx unit address, and now they do NOT have a storage class
assigned, whereas they were getting one assigned previously.

However, the proc still fails.

CA-MIM is critical to the CEC move project (of course).  I have CA looking at
it, but can anyone else shed some light on what might be happening here?

TIA.