On 5/20/2012 7:33 PM, Mary Anne Matyaz wrote:
Except for an 'outage' is not 'scheduled maintenance'. So they still hit 24/7
as long as
they do it during a 50 some hour outage. :)

MA

Let me know if I missed any. Clearly we still have a way to go for 24/7.

100%, 99%, 98.4%, 97.5%, 97.4%: clearly trending in the wrong direction. The
average up-time so far in 2012 is 98.46% ... not even two nines.

Of course, things look far worse if you consider weekends -- when most customer
scheduled outages take place -- to be 'prime time' for IBMLink availability. :-\

For our purposes, an outage is an outage, scheduled or not. Our requirement to IBM is clearly 24/7/365(6), for all of IBMLink, SR, ShopZ, Internet Service Retrieval, etc. Ed's right in that IBM exacerbates the problem by having the outages during most z/OS installation's prime time for maintenance. They should move these outages to 0dark30 on Thursday morning or something.

Regards,
Tom Conley