From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Clark Morris
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: 24/7/365 appropriateness was Re: IBMLink outages in 2012

On 22 May 2012 20:04:42 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>In <hj3lr7lassfuf88ovoeg000i1pp935e...@4ax.com>, on 05/21/2012
>   at 03:51 PM, Clark Morris <cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca> said:
>
>>I'm the last to see my own errors.  Hopefully it was obvious I meant
>>24/7/365
>
>That's no better. Either 24/7/52 or 24/365 would be approximately
>correct.

On a logical basis I agree with you but has the 24/7/365 shortcut for
continuous availability become so pervasive that it is the shorthand way for
saying it and is it the way that the general public as opposed to us
professional nitpickers best understands it?

Clark Morris

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN