Hello,

We have a customer that is doing some tape migration.
They are currently using STK SMC manage their SILO.

If we create a SMS Tape Library (MTL) and add a volume to it that is also in
the SILO which unit will be picked by allocation?
There is a statement in the SMC manual that says SMC will ignore SMS Managed
Devices.  It actually talks about SMS Dataset also.  But while sms tape is a
sms managed device I am not sure that a dataset that references a sms managed
tape is a sms managed dataset?

//DD1  DD  UNIT=TAPE,DISP=OLD,VOL=SER=SMS111

If SMS111 is also in the SILO will SMC change the allocation to the SILO or
leave it alone?

Thanks for any help
Tom