On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:35 AM, Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM wrote:

"VĂ­ctor de la Fuente" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
Our problem is also SMF starts losing data before all files are full:

IEE979W SMF DATA LOST - NO BUFFER SPACE AVAILABLE TIME=08:19:30
..
D SMF
IEE974I 08.20.04 SMF DATA SETS 177
          NAME                VOLSER SIZE(BLKS) %FULL  STATUS
        P-SYS1.MAN1E1         CGEHAA     43200   100  CLOSE PENDING
        S-SYS1.MAN1E2         CGEHAB     43200    16  ACTIVE
        S-SYS1.MAN1E3         CGEHAC     43200     0  ALTERNATE
        S-SYS1.MAN1E4         CGEHAD     43200     0  ALTERNATE
        S-SYS1.MAN1E5         CGEHAE     43200     0  ALTERNATE

So sys1.man1e1 does not reach "Dump Required" state, and also SMF has used
all of his space available...
Any idea?

Yes, I have: the problem is with the in-storage SMF buffers, which are filled more rapidly than SMF can write them out to the MAN datasets. See the z/OS 1.6(+) version of System Messages for an explanation and a solution to enlarge SMF buffers via SMFPRMxx.

Kees.

I have been watching this thread and have wondered if the reason why the the switch is not processinging quickly is, if the dump datasets have been primed?

Ed